Landed Estates
NUI Galway
Reference Source

''Jnl. of the Boherlahan-Dualla Historical Society''

Source Details

Category Modern printed sources

Estate Records Citing this Source

Found 22 estate records citing this source.

Reference Estate Name Estate Description
DARMODY, Mary Frances. Gaile House - Glimpses from the Past. I (1998), 73-82 Phillips (Gaile House) This family were granted lands at Foyle, county Kilkenny, under the Acts of Settlement. By the earl...
O'DWYER, Paddy. Nodstown in Pre-Famine Times. II (1999), 62-79 Blue Coat School In the 1870s the Blue Coat School (now known as The King's Hospital school) owned 994 acres in count...
O'DWYER, Paddy. Nodstown in Famine Times. III (2000), 10-25 Blue Coat School In the 1870s the Blue Coat School (now known as The King's Hospital school) owned 994 acres in count...
O'DWYER, Paddy. Nodstown in Post-Famine Times. IV (2001), 31-51 Blue Coat School In the 1870s the Blue Coat School (now known as The King's Hospital school) owned 994 acres in count...
O'DWYER, Paddy. A minor Famine 1859-1884: its impact on Nodstown. Parts 1 & 2, V (2002), 57-67, VI (2003), 36-47 Blue Coat School In the 1870s the Blue Coat School (now known as The King's Hospital school) owned 994 acres in count...
O'DWYER, Paddy. Nodstown 1865-1877: A time of Prosperity and Progress. VII (2004), 116-127 Blue Coat School In the 1870s the Blue Coat School (now known as The King's Hospital school) owned 994 acres in count...
O'DWYER, Paddy. The Lalor, Lalor Shiel and Petre Estates in Nodstown. VIII (2005), 86-98 Blue Coat School In the 1870s the Blue Coat School (now known as The King's Hospital school) owned 994 acres in count...
O'DWYER, Paddy. The Land League impacts on Nodstown, 1879-1882. Parts I & 2, IX (2006), 72-80, X (2007), 32-42 Blue Coat School In the 1870s the Blue Coat School (now known as The King's Hospital school) owned 994 acres in count...
O'DWYER, Paddy. Nodstown 1883-1900. Part 1, XI (2008), 95-107 Blue Coat School In the 1870s the Blue Coat School (now known as The King's Hospital school) owned 994 acres in count...
O'DWYER, Paddy. The Lalor, Lalor Shiel and Petre Estates in Nodstown. VIII (2005), 86-98 Petre In the mid 19th century Richard F. Power held two townlands in the parish of Aghnameadle, barony of...
O'DWYER, Paddy. The Lalor, Lalor Shiel and Petre Estates in Nodstown. VIII (2005), 86-98 Lalor/Power-Lalor Jeremiah Lalor settled in county Tipperary in the mid 17th century and married Judith O'Meagher. T...
RYAN, Mary. Gaile graveyard headstone inscriptions - Max and Phillips families. III (2000), 46-49 Phillips (Gaile House) This family were granted lands at Foyle, county Kilkenny, under the Acts of Settlement. By the earl...
RYAN, Mary. Gaile graveyard headstone inscriptions - Max and Phillips families. III (2000), 46-49 Max The Callanan Papers contain a will transcript of Simon Max of Gaile, county Tipperary dated 1732. T...
DARMODY, Mary Frances. Ardmayle (Clonmore) House and the Grubb Family: poems, photographs and memories. IV (2001), 25-30 Grubb (Co Tipperary) A family originally from Northamptonshire, John Grubb came to county Waterford in the mid 17th centu...
O'DWYER, Martin. The death of Charles Bianconi 22nd September 1875. IV (2001), 66-69 Bianconi Charles Bianconi, an Italian, arrived in Ireland in the early 19th century and worked as a travellin...
MARNANE, Denis G. 'A Valuable Property' the Smith Barry Cashel Estate. Parts 1-10, Volumes IV-XIII, (2001-2010) Barry/Smith-Barry (Fota) John Smith-Barry of Marbury Hall, Cheshire and Fota Island, county Cork, was a son of James Hugh Smi...
DARMODY, Mary Frances. Killough Castle - the Castle by the Hill. V (2002), 18-23 Daly (Dunsandle & Carnakelly) The Daly family of Dunsandle derived from Daly of Carnakelly in the parish of Kiltullagh. They bough...
DARMODY, Mary Frances. Fort Donagh - A House of Two Names. VI (2003), 105-110 Long (Longfield) The Longs settled at Graystown, county Tipperary, in the late 17th century. Edward Long of Ardfinna...
DARMODY, Mary Frances. Fort Donagh - A House of Two Names. VI (2003), 105-110 Bianconi Charles Bianconi, an Italian, arrived in Ireland in the early 19th century and worked as a travellin...
DARMODY, Mary Frances. Ballysheehan Stud - A place of Horses and History. VIII (2005), 80-85 Latham In the mid 19th century Oliver Leatham/Latham held land in the parishes of Ballysheehan and Brickend...
POWER, Martin and Mairéad. Dualla House. VIII (2005), 116-119 Scully (Kilfeakle & Mantle Hill) The Scullys of county Tipperary descend from Jeremiah Scully who was established at Cashel in the mi...
Ó DUIBHIR, Liam. Regaile House. X (2007), 7-16 Phillips (Gaile House) This family were granted lands at Foyle, county Kilkenny, under the Acts of Settlement. By the earl...