Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Cloghprior House

Estate(s)
Townland Cloghprior
Civil Parish Cloghprior
PLU Borrisokane
DED Cloghprior 8
County Tipperary
Barony Lower Ormond
Description The home of the Woodward family until sold to Edwin Cuthbert in 1844. The Ordnance Survey Name Books describes it as "at present in a state of very bad repair, but bears marks of ancient splendour". Held by Edwin Cuthbert in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation and valued at £5.5 shillings. Daniel Grace writes that it was renovated by John Flower circa 1860s and leased to John Talbot. The Talbot family continued to reside at Cloghprior until the early 20th century.

Property Location