Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Wilford

Estate(s)
Townland Shangarry
Civil Parish Mowney
PLU Callan
DED Ballingarry
County Tipperary
Barony Slievardagh
Description Wilford was the residence Butler Esq in the 1770s and 1780s and of Mr Richard Blackmore in 1814. In the early 1850s it was occupied by John Blackmore, who held the property valued at £11+ from William P. Barker with 128 acres. The house is labelled Wilford House on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map but as Shangarry House on the 25-inch edition of the 1890s. It is now a ruin.

Property Location