Landed Estates
NUI Galway

The Manor House (Dunmanway)

Estate(s)
Townland Kilbarry
Civil Parish Fanlobbus
PLU Dunmanway
DED Dunmanway 124
County Cork
Barony East Carbery (West)
Description Noted by Lewis in 1837 as " a handsome building, erected by the late H. Cox and now the residence of his family" In 1851 occupied by Martha and Catherine Cox and valued at £18. It replaced an earlier house built by Sir Richard Cox, Lord Chancellor of Ireland, at the end of the seventeenth century. Wilson describes this earlier property in 1786 as "adorned with handsome avenues and good plantations". Later the property of the Lucas family, In 1944 the Irish Tourist Authority Survey reported that it was the residence of Mr. T. O'Sullivan.
Manor House, Dunmanway (National Inventory of Architectural Heritage, www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location