Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Templenoe

Estate(s)
Townland Templenoe
Civil Parish Litter
PLU Fermoy
DED Killathy 132
County Cork
Barony Fermoy
Description Hajba writes that this house, on the banks of the River Blackwater, was built in 1761 by the Hydes of Castle Hyde. William Hyde (died 1790) of Templenoe was the son of John Hyde of Creg Castle and grandson of Arthur Hyde of Castle Hyde. He married Catherine Lane. William Lane Hyde was resident in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property valued at £20 from John Phipps. His estate of 584 acres was advertised for sale in July 1850. The present Templenoe House was the residence of the Mounteagles in the latter half of the 20th century.
Templenoe (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location