||In 1786 Wilson refers to a seat of Mr. Cotter in the town of Mallow. James Delacour, second son of Robert Delacour of Beare Forest, was residing at Sunny Hill in the mid 19th century. He held the property from Henry Braddle and it was valued at £36. He was still described as "of Sunny Hill" in 1886. The house became a rectory for about fifty years in the 20th century. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey referred to it as "a fine well kept residence built by J. Carmichael". It is now a private residence named Duarrigle.