||Originally the home of the Bury family, Earls of Charleville, overlooking the Shannon estuary. The Ordnance Survey Name Books record this house as four-storied, built in 1709. Bence Jones dates this house from the early 18th century. Lewis writes that Shannon Grove was the old family mansion of the Earls of Charleville and "now the residence of Bolton Waller". Bolton Waller held the property in fee in the early 1850s when the buildings were valued at £43 and the demesne was over 400 acres. Bought by John Sheehy of Askeaton in 1860 and remained in the possession of his descendants until the mid 20th century. The house is still extant and occupied.