Lessees of the tolls and customs of Castlebar from the Earl of Lucan.
|Faulkner||James Faulkner, lessee of the tolls and customs and a prominent citizen of Castlebar, bought the Pheasant Hill estate of the Sheridans in 1876. In 1899 he sold the estate to the Congested Districts Board.|
|Sheridan||An estate comprised of the three townlands of Derrylea, Pheasant Hill and Derrycoosh, in the parish of Aglish, barony of Carra, county Mayo was held by the Sheridan family on a renewable lease for ever, dated 27 Apr 1816, from the Earls of Lucan. However the Sheridans were located at Pheasant Hill in the 1770s as recorded on the Taylor and Skinner map. In 1877 the Pheasant Hill estate amounting to 577 acres was sold by the widow of John Martin Sheridan to James Faulkiner, collector of tolls and customs in Castlebar. Property in the town of Castlebar, owned by Martin Sheridan, a bankrupt, was sold in the Encumbered Estates Court in December 1852. The purchaser was Reverend Archdeacon McHale.|