James Faulkner, lessee of the tolls and customs and a prominent citizen of Castlebar, bought the Pheasant Hill estate of the Sheridans in 1876. In 1899 he sold the estate to the Congested Districts Board.
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), Sheridan, 30 June 1876, Vol 124, MRGS 39/056, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Castlebar Union, 17
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Mayo: Vol I, 318
Modern printed sources
- FAULKNER, Ivor. ''Castlebar and James Faulkner Esq., J.P. (1825-1911)''. Diploma in Local History, NUI Maynooth, 1998: 1-22
- ''Jnl. of the Irish Family History Society'': FAULKNER, Ivor J. Castlebar and James Faulkner Esq. J.P. (1825-1911). XVI (2000), 32-41