Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Woodward


Estate(s)

Name Description
Woodward Daniel Grace writes that the Woodward family lived at Cloghprior from the 1660s. Cloghprior House was bulit by William Woodward in the mid 18th century. However by the mid 1770s the Woodwards were in financial difficulties and land was sold to James Otway who built Prior Park on it. In 1844 Cloghprior was sold to Edwin Cuthbert. In the late 1850s Frank Woodward leased Prospect House from Maurice Studdert of Lodge and his daughters continued to live there until the 1940s.