Owned lands in county Roscommon in the second half of the 19th century.
|Calvert||At the time of Griffith's Valuation William Calvert held lands in the parish of Clooncraff, barony and county of Roscommon, parts of the estates of Gilbert Conry and James Dillon. Lands amounting to 172 acres in the parish of Kilgefin, barony of Ballintober South, county Roscommon, the estate of William Calvert, were advertised for sale in June 1866 on his own behalf and as trustee for sale for George and Joseph Walpole. The sale included larger acreages in county Tipperary and King's County (county Offaly). In the 1870s William Calvert of Monkstown, county Dublin, owned 1,180 acres in county Roscommon.|
|Walpole||At the time of Griffith's Valuation George Walpole was the main tenant on the lands of Trilacroghan, parish of Kilgefin, barony of Ballintober South, county Roscommon, part of the Treston estate. 172 acres of Sheehaun (Morton) in the parish of Kilgefin, county Roscommon, plus the lands of Springfield and Carney Park, barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary, the estate of William Calvert, were advertised for sale in June 1866 on Calvert's behalf and as trustee for sale for George and Joseph Walpole. The Bolton sale rental of 1854 records John Walpole as tenant of these lands. In the 1870s George Walpole of Castlenode, Strokestown, owned 694 acres in county Roscommon and smaller acreages in counties Tipperary, Offaly and Laois. George Walpole held land in the parish of Kilbarron and Robert Walpole held land in the parish of Finnoe, both in the barony of Lower Ormond, county Tipperary in the mid 19th century. George held his land from the Marquess of Ormond. William Walpole of Salisbury, Athy, county Kildare, owned 615 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s.|
|Conry (Cloonahee)||Cloonahee, barony of Roscommon, was part of the ancient territory of the O Maolchonaires or Conrys, whose lands were confiscated in the 17th century. Gilbert Conry advertised the sale of Cloonglasny More, parish of Clooncraff, barony and county of Roscommon in January 1851. Cloongasny was part of the lands purchased by Bartholomew Mahon from the trustees for the sale of forfeited estates in 1703. These lands were held by John Kelly in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Two years later in February 1853 an estate of 1,630 acres in the parishes of Clooncraff and Kiltrustan, barony of Roscommon, belonging to Gilbert Conry formerly of Cloonahee was advertised for sale. A note on the sale rental states that Clonahee House was accidently burnt and that "now a good farm house and offices" are occupied by the tenant. In 1836 Cloonahee was leased to John Haigue by Gilbert Conry. A Thomas Conry was agent to the Mahons of Strokestown and to the McCausland estate in county Roscommon in the 1830s. Lands owned by Thomas Lea and Gilbert Conry were sold in the Landed Estates Court in March 1861 to Mr. Trench.|
|Dillon (Roscommon)||In the late 18th century Patrick Dillon owned land in the parishes of Clooncraff, Killukin and Kiltrustan, barony and county of Roscommon, some of which he leased to George Taaffe and James Begg. These lands amounting to over 1,000 acres, the estate of James Dillon, were advertised for sale in June 1853 and February 1854. In June 1855 a further 500 acres of James Dillon's estate, at Brackloon, parish of Kilcorkey, barony of Castlereagh, was advertised for sale in the Encumbered Estates court. It was the subject of chancery proceedings at the time.|