James O'Sullivan married Mary Moore one of the co heiresses of the Moore estate in the parish of Drum, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, in the mid 18th century. They had one son John, who had 3 sons James, Patrick and John. Patrick married Jane De Burgh in 1802 and his younger brother John married Dorothea Delaney.
|Greene (Co Galway)||The Right Honourable Richard Wilson Greene became Attorney General for Ireland in 1846. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, he was one of the principal lessors in the parishes of Clontuskert, barony of Clonmacnowen and Kilconnell, barony of Kiconnell, county Galway. Greene also held Ballyforan, parish of Taghboy, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon and had an interest in other land in the parish of Dysart, barony of Athlone. He had purchased some of the estate of Nicholas D'Arcy of Ballinlass in the early 1850s. In 1863 Michael Ellis advertised for sale 28 acres at Ballyforan held on a lease from R.W. Greene dated 1 May 1856 for 999 years. Thomas Greene, with an address at St. Stephen's Green in Dublin, owned over 1300 acres in county Galway and 467 acres in county Roscommon in the 1870s.|
|O'Sullivan||John O'Sullivan held land in the parish of Drum, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon in the 1850s. He was a descendant of James O'Sullivan who in 1725 married Mary Moore, one of the heiresses of her brother John Moore of Drum. John O'Sullivan's father had died young in 1823 and his mother remarried Dr William O'Reilly of county Meath and they continued to live in the main O'Sullivan residence then known as 'Whitehouse'. In the 1850s John O'Sullivan was in financial difficulties partly due to legal proceedings against him. Mount Florence was advertised for sale in 1855 but the family retained it, John O'Sullivan died there in 1874. In the 1870s John O'Sullivan of Mount Florence, Athlone, owned 1,489 acres in county Roscommon. His estate containing parts of Carrickynaghten, Carrickynaghten and Garrynagowna Bog and Garrynagowna was advertised for sale on 6 Feb 1883 by his widow and son Raphael O'Sullivan.|
|Moore (Drum)||In the 1650s Melchior Moore was transplanted from Cregganstown, county Meath, to the parish of Drum, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon and his title to over 700 acres in the parish was confirmed by patent dated 24 Apr 1677. Melchior's son John Moore was an astute businessman and besides being a merchant in Dublin built up an estate in the parish of Drum through inheritance and acquisition. In 1723, following the death of John Moore, grandson of Melchior, the estate passed to his 4 sisters who married Thomas Arthur of Dublin, Andrew Bermingham of county Offaly, Thomas Hussey of county Kildare and James Sullivan of Dublin. In the early 1760s the descendants of the 4 sisters decided to formally divide the lands and by the late 1780s the Arthur quarter of the estate had been sold to the Hussey Walsh family.|