Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Kendall

In the mid 19th century John Kendall, a London lawyer, bought the estate of the Morrises of Ballinaboy, parish of Ballindoon, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway. The sale rental of the Graham estate in 1858 shows him renting 2112 acres at Addergoole, the part known as 'The Glen'. In the 1870s he owned 2892 acres in the county. He sold the Ballinaboy property back to the Morrises before the end of the century. In 1906 the representatives of John Kendall held untenanted land in the parish of Ballindoon. By March 1916 P. J. Kendall and another had accepted a final offer from the Congested Districts' Board for 2630 acres of untenanted land.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Ardagh House Ardagh Ballindoon Clifden Derrylea 23 Ballynahinch Galway OSI Ref: L661 486
OS Sheet: 35
Discovery map: 44