At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Reverend Sir Christopher Lighton held 4 townlands in the parish of Omey, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, which he bought from the sale of the D'Arcy estate in 1850. He owned 945 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. A final offer for the purchase of these lands by the Congested Districts' Board had been accepted by March 1916.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 297
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 47
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 271