In the mid 1870s Charles Preston Kennedy of Inisherkin, Newport, county Mayo and Victor C. Kennedy of Corraunboy, parish of Burrishoole, owned 1450 and 6198 acres respectively. They may have purchased some of the Wyndham estate. Victor C. Kennedy had a very small amount of untenanted land in the locality in 1906. Mrs J. S. Kennedy sold 966 acres to the Congested Districts' Board on 18 Nov 1915.
- Irish Tourist Association. Topographical and General Survey, 1941-1945. Parish of Burrishoole. ITA/1/6; Mayo County Library
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 248
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 310
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 369
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 53