The O'Beirne estate was centred on Drumsna where they had a house at Jamestown. McParlan includes Mr. O'Beirne, Jamestown, on a list of "resident gentleman of property" in 1802.Francis O'Beirne and Hugh O'Beirne of Jamestown served as High Sheriff of Leitrim in 1831 and 1855. The O'Beirnes also held land in the parishes of Cloone and Fenagh, barony of Mohill and the parish of Oughteragh, barony of Carrigallen. The family also held extensive estates in the baronies of Ballintober North, county Roscommon and barony of Corran, county Sligo. 2000 acres of these were offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in June 1861. By the mid 19th century the surname of this family is found spelt in a number of different ways such as O'Beirne, Burns and Byrne. The Byrne family of Tinny Park, barony of Ballymoe appears to be the same family as the O'Beirnes of Jamestown. In 1906 Hugh O'Beirne still held 169 acres of untenanted demesne land at Jamestown. For further information about the O'Beirne family see ''The O'Beirne Family Journal'' and http://www.obeirnefamily.cwc.net/FamilyO'Beirne/Landowners.htm
|Name||Townland||Civil Parish||PLU||DED||Barony||County||Map Ref|
|Jamestown House or Jamestown Lodge||Jamestown||Kiltoghert||Carrick-on-Shannon||Carrick-on-Shannon 28||Leitrim||Leitrim||
OSI Ref: M981973
OS Sheet: 31
Discovery map: 33
|Ballydavid House||Ballydavid||Crooke||Waterford||Woodstown 94||Gaultiere||Waterford||
OSI Ref: S678068
OS Sheet: 18
Discovery map: 76
- Deeds relating to properties belonging to O'Beirne estate, 1813-46. D.8927-8946. ; National Library of Ireland
- Deeds, correspondence, accounts & rentals of O'Beirne estate, 1820-1865. Ms.8647. ; National Library of Ireland
- Landed Estates' Court Rentals (O'Brien), O’Beirne, 25 June 1861, Vol 62, MRGS 39/031, (microfilm copy in NUIG); National Archives of Ireland
- BUTLER, Mary. Theses on the landed O'Beirne family of Jamestown. File 968.; Leitrim County Library
- Jamestown House. 150/013.; Irish Architectural Archive
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 342
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 305, 314 & 318
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Carrick-on-Shannon Union, 73.
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 344.
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: Vol II, 214
- McPARLAN, James. ''Statistical Survey of the county of Leitrim''. Dublin: Royal Dublin Society, 1802. : 111.
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Barony of Gaultiere: 7 (Ballydavid)
Modern printed sources
- BURKE, Sir Bernard. ''A genealogical and heraldic history of the Landed Gentry of Ireland''. London: Harrison & Sons, 1912: 518
- Ó RUNAÍ, Lorcan. ''From Rosclogher to Rooskey: the Leitrim story'' [n.p]: Cumann Seanchas Ros Inbhir, 1996: 189.
- ''Breifne'': Mac an GHALLOGLAIGH, Domhnall. The Land League in Leitrim, 1879-1883. VI, 22 (1983-84), 161-168.
- HARRISON, A (compiler).'' A roll of all gentlemen....High Sheriffs, MPs & other officers of county Leitrim, 1600-1909.'' Carrick-on-Shannon: printed by P. Brennan, 1910. : 10, 12.