A Gaelic family located in the north east of county Roscommon who lost most of their lands in the 17th century.
|O'Beirne (Drumsna)||The O'Beirne estate was centred on Drumsna where they had a house at Jamestown. McParlan includes Mr. O'Beirne, Jamestown, on a list of "resident gentleman of property" in 1802.Francis O'Beirne and Hugh O'Beirne of Jamestown served as High Sheriff of Leitrim in 1831 and 1855. The O'Beirnes also held land in the parishes of Cloone and Fenagh, barony of Mohill and the parish of Oughteragh, barony of Carrigallen. The family also held extensive estates in the baronies of Ballintober North, county Roscommon and barony of Corran, county Sligo. 2000 acres of these were offered for sale in the Landed Estates court in June 1861. By the mid 19th century the surname of this family is found spelt in a number of different ways such as O'Beirne, Burns and Byrne. The Byrne family of Tinny Park, barony of Ballymoe appears to be the same family as the O'Beirnes of Jamestown. In 1906 Hugh O'Beirne still held 169 acres of untenanted demesne land at Jamestown. For further information about the O'Beirne family see ''The O'Beirne Family Journal'' and http://www.obeirnefamily.cwc.net/FamilyO'Beirne/Landowners.htm|
|O'Beirne/Byrne/Burns (Tinny Park)||Hugh Burns/O'Beirne held an estate in the parishes of Drumatemple, barony of Ballymoe, Kilglass, barony of Ballintober North and Ogulla, barony of Roscommon, county Roscommon at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The Burns/Byrnes were residing at Tinny Park from at least the 1830s. Members of the Byrne family and Hugh O'Beirne and Hugh McDermott trustees of the will of Hugh Gerald Byrne were advertising for sale the rental of part of the lands of Ballycaher [Bellacagher] in the parish of Drumatemple in 1868. Almost 500 acres of the estate of Hugh O'Beirne was vested in the Congested Districts' Board on 17 Oct 1912.|
|O'Beirne (Dangan)||The families of Hugh O'Beirne and Patrick O'Beirne were both descended from Teige O'Beirne resident in the Drumsna area in the early 18th century. These two branches of the O'Beirne family were living at Jamestown and Dangan (the original O'Beirne stronghold) in the early 19th century. Patrick O'Beirne was a son of Colonel Andrew O'Beirne, Chief of the O'Beirne clan in the late 18th century. Andrew lost most of his property after the 1798 rebellion and four of his sons emigrated from Ireland. Patrick remained at Dangan and O'Beirnes continued to live there until at least the late 1830s.|