Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Morgan (Tireragh)

The Morgans were the original owners of the estate in Castlconnor parish, barony of Tireragh, known as both Castletown and/ Cottlestown. The family seem to have been in Sligo since the early 17th century and one was a member of Coote's Regiment of Horse. Hugh Morgan was MP for Sligo, 1692-1712. The estate was later acquired by the Kirkwood family.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Cottlestown Cottlestown Castleconnor Dromore West Castleconnor West 15 Tireragh Sligo OSI Ref: G291259
OS Sheet: 22
Discovery map: 24