The Phibbs family held estates in different parts of county Sligo, this branch settled at Doobeg in the 19th century. There was significant land agitation on this estate in the early 20th century. In 1906 Charles Phibbs is recorded as the occupier of property at Doobeg, including a mansion house.
- Rental of the estate of Col. Richard Phibbs, 1870-77. Robinson Collection. ; Sligo County Library
- Correspondence & rentals relating Col. Richard Phibbs estate in barony of Leyny, 1853-68. S.R. ; Sligo County Library
- Rental & particulars of sale of lands at Ogham, estate of Richard H. Phibbs, 1904. F.C./D.2/99. ; Sligo County Library
- Rental of estate of Richard Phibbs, c.1850. Estates Vol. V. ; Sligo County Library
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 397.
Modern printed sources
- BURKE, Sir Bernard. ''A genealogical and heraldic history of the Landed Gentry of Ireland''. London: Harrison & Sons, 1912: 563
- BALL-WRIGHT, W. and PHIBBS, O. ''Pedigree of the Phibbs family since their settlement in Ireland. Sligo: [s.i], 1890. : All.
- McTERNAN, John C. ''The light of bygone days, Volume II: Sligo families''. Sligo: Avena Publications, 2009. : 309-317
- McTERNAN, John C. ''Sligo: the light of bygone days, Vol.I Houses of Sligo and associated families''. Sligo: Avena Publications, 2009. : 313-314 (Doobeg)