Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Davies (New Park)

When Henry Davies, a Liverpool business man, made his will dated 21 June 1856 his address was given as New Park, county Tipperary. Henry Davies was in business with his brother William and both brothers died in 1857 . In July 1864 the estate of Caroline, Mary Helena and Edith Susanna Davies at Newpark, Ballykelly and Garrankelly, Fossaghmore, amounting to over a thousand acres in county Tipperary was advertised for sale. Joseph McCan was the purchaser. [In the 1870s the representatives of Kingsmill Pennefather, Liverpool, owned 721 acres in county Tipperary].

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
New Park Newpark Ballysheehan Cashel Ballysheehan 35 Middlethird Tipperary OSI Ref: S117 441
OS Sheet: 53
Discovery map: 66