A family originally established in county Laois who moved to county Tipperary in the late 17th century. John Lalor of Long Orchard and Cregg, county Tipperary married Elizabeth Doherty and had six sons. From the eldest son, Thomas, descend the Lalors of Cregg and from their third son, John, descend the Lalor and Power-Lalors of Long Orchard. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Thomas Lawlor held land in the parishes of Newtownlennon, barony of Iffa and Offa East and Brickendown, barony of Middlethird. In the 1870s his estate was comprised of 2,873 acres in county Tipperary and 527 acres in county Waterford. He died in 1890 and was succeeded by his sister's family, the Sadliers of Castleblake, county Tipperary.
- Thomas Lalor Cooke Papers, 18th & 19th centuries, include correspondence & detailed accounts of the genealogy of the Lalor, Cooke & associated families. Ms 24,569-24,580 & Ms 25,296-25,298; National Library of Ireland
- A pedigree of the family of Lalor of Cregg and Longorchard, Co. Tipperary, compiled by Thomas Lalor Cooke, of Birr 1859. Ms.1674 ; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Barony of Iffa and Offa East, 93 (Cregg)
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II 439 (Cregg)
- LEET, Ambrose. ''A directory to the market towns, villages, gentlemen's seats, and other noted places in Ireland''. Dublin: Printed by B. Smith, 1814 : 138 (Creg)
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 256
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 165
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 282 (Cregg)
- ORDNANCE SURVEY NAME BOOKS, County Tipperary: Vol.VII, Parish of Newtownlennan, p.156.
- BATEMAN, John. ''The great landowners of Great Britain and Ireland''. London: Harrison, 1883. : p.257