Baronets Bromhead of Thurlby Hall in Lincolnshire held land in Sligo by virtue of a marriage in 1823 between Sir E.G. Bromhead and Judith Christine, youngest daughter of James Wood of Woodville. In the 1870s Lady Bromhead is recorded as the owner of over 100 acres in county Sligo. The Congested Districts Board later acquired over 700 acres, the property of Sir. B. Parnell, later Bromhead.
- Map of Demesne of Cairnsfoot. 1855. ; Sligo County Library
- Rental of Bromhead estate, 1878-95. Robinson Collection. ; Sligo County Library
- Rental of property in Leyny & Tireragh, 1852-55. Robinson Collection. ; Sligo County Library
- Correspondence relating to estate of Sir Benjamin Bromhead, 1877-1924. F.C/D.5/132. ; Sligo County Library
- Estate papers, 18th-20th century. ; Lincolnshire Archives
Modern printed sources
- MOSLEY, Charles (ed). ''Burke's Peerage and Baronetage''. Crans, Switzerland: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 1999: 377-378.
- ''Corran Herald'': DUFFY, P.J. The Congested Districts Board (including list of lands acquired in county Sligo under the Wyndham Act). XXXIV (2001-2002), 6-7.