Landed Estates
NUI Galway

O'Mahony (Templevally)

William O'Mahony of Templevally held land in the parish of Mogeely, barony of Kinnatalloon, county Cork, in the mid 19th century. In the 1870s John O'Mahony of Templevally is recorded as the owner of 680 acres in the county and William O'Mahony, a minor, America, owned 412 acres. In January 1878 the estate of John Joseph, Ellen Mary, Eugene Patrick O'Mahony and of John J. O'Mahony as administrator "de bonis non" of William, Kate, Charles, William Henry and Frederick James O'Mahony, amounting to over 1,000 acres in the barony of Kinnattalloon, was advertised for sale. Most of the O'Mahony estate was bought by William O'Mahony from the Encumbered Estates Commissions in 1856. It was previously part of the Uniacke estate. Hajba writes that two of William's sons had to flee to America as they were implicated in the Fenian Rising.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Templevally Templevally Mogeely Fermoy Curraglass 135 Kinnatalloon Cork OSI Ref: W977 902
OS Sheet: 46
Discovery map: 81