Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Williamson (Carhookeal)

At the time of Griffith's Valuation this family held land in the parishes of Garrycloyne and Grenagh, barony of Barretts, and Mallow, barony of Fermoy, county Cork. Usher Williamson was the son of Reverend Benjamin Williamson. Arthur Williamson was Usher's brother. In the 1870s the representatives of Arthur Williamson of Mallow owned 89 acres, General Williamson and Colonel John Williamson both of Carhookeal owned 660 acres between them and the representatives of John Williamson of Knuchskagh owned 520 acres in county Cork. He was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilmacabea, barony of East Carbery, in 1852.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Old Dromore Dromore North Kilshannig Kanturk Kilshannig 248 Duhallow Cork OSI Ref: W556 936
OS Sheet: 42
Discovery map: 80
Carhookeal Carhookeal Mallow Mallow Mallow Rural 250 Fermoy Cork OSI Ref: W560 968
OS Sheet: 33
Discovery map: 80
Summerhill Carhookeal Mallow Mallow Mallow Rural 250 Fermoy Cork OSI Ref: W563 972
OS Sheet: 33
Discovery map: 80