Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Old Dromore

Estate(s)
Townland Dromore North
Civil Parish Kilshannig
PLU Kanturk
DED Kilshannig 248
County Cork
Barony Duhallow
Description Smith refers to the "pleasant seat" of Sir Matthew Deane, "lately rebuilt, with an elegant front of hewn stone". A larger house built in the early 1780s was dismantled almost as soon as it was built by Sir Robert Deane, lst Baron Muskerry. Hajba writes that Jeremiah and Richard Gifford Campion occupied Dromore Old in the last decade of the 18th century. A house valued at £23 in the mid 19th century was the home of the Williamson family located on the Purcell estate. Occupied by U[sher] Williamson in 1814, Reverend Benjamin Williamson in 1837 and in the early 1850s. In 1894 Slater refers to it as the residence of Mrs. Williamson. In the latter half of the 20th century the home of the Hegartys. A house is still extant at Dromore.

Property Location