Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Duggan (Kilmeen)

The Duggans were established at Mount Infant, parish of Nohavaldaly, barony of Duhallow, county Cork in the early 18th century. Daniel Duggan supported the Jacobite cause in the 1690s and from him descend Daniel and Henry Duggan. Daniel had a son Denis who married in 1756 Frances Galwey of Enniskeane and their son Daniel succeeded to the estate of his great uncle Daniel Cronin at Park, Killarney, county Kerry. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Henry Duggan held at least 7 townlands in the parish of Kilmeen, barony of Duhallow, county Cork, while Arthur Duggan held land in the parish of Clonfert, barony of Duhallow. In the 1870s Henry Duggan of Monkstown, owned 1,592 acres and Daniel Duggan of Dublin owned 533 acres in county Cork.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Elmvale Baltydaniel East Caherduggan Mallow Caherduggan 241 Fermoy Cork OSI Ref: R547 037
OS Sheet: 25
Discovery map: 73