Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Peppard (Cappagh)

The Peppards were resident at Cappagh, county Limerick, from the early 18th century. They do not appear to have owned a large acreage but they were a prominent family in the locality. John Peppard held land in the parish of Ballingarry, barony of Connello Upper, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Two members of the Peppard family of Salestown, Dunboyne, county Meath, owned 371 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Cappagh Cappagh Rathkeale Rathkeale Croagh 134 Connello Lower Limerick OSI Ref: R397 455
OS Sheet: 20
Discovery map: 64

Archival sources

  • Tabular pedigree of family of Peppard, mainly of Limerick. MS 13,066; National Library of Ireland
  • Letter to John S. B. Peppard, Cappagh House, Rathkeale, Co Limerick, 1814-1833 & associated papers including 2 letters to Hon Henry Southwell, one dated 1749. MS 18,285; National Library of Ireland

Contemporary printed sources

Modern printed sources