||Eyre Lloyd of Wales and William Hammond of Dublin were proprietors of this townland circa 1840. At that time Robert Peppard lived at Cappagh House which is described as an irregular two storied house, part of it built 120 years previously with later additions. Robert Peppard was still resident at the time of Griffith's Valuation when the house was valued at £14+. Robert Peppard was married to Anne Brown of nearby Mount Brown. Whelan writes that the Peppards had lived at Cappagh from the early 18th century. The last family member to live at Cappagh died in 1938. The house has had a number of owners in the 20th century and the interior was badly burnt by fire in 1983 but has since been restored.