Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Conner (Bandon)

Burke indicates that this Conner family were settled in county Cork since the end of the seventeenth century. Other branches of the family later became established at Manch and Ballybricken. Daniel Conner was agent for the Duke of Devonshire's Cork estates in the mid 18th century. In the 1870s, Capt. William R, Connor of Bandon owned over 1900 acres in county Cork. Rev. Richard Lane Connor owned over 250 acres. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, he was among the principal lessors in the parish of Caheragh, barony of West Carbery.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Downdaniel Skevanish Inishannon Bandon Inishannon 6 East Carbery (East) Cork OSI Ref: W531576
OS Sheet: 97
Discovery map: 86

Archival sources

  • Chatsworth Papers, photocopy of letter Daniel Conner, Bandon, [Co. Cork], to Burlington discussing financial arrangements, describing the Lismore estate as being in very good condition, expressing the hope that Lord Burlington will visit his Irish property & suggesting some financial assistance for the widow of Mr Snow, 16 April 1736. T3158/18 ; Public Record Office, Northern Ireland
  • Letters to William Connor at Bandon and Lismore, mainly re estates of the Earl of Cork and Burlington in Munster, with references to Tallow election and works at Youghal strand, 1737-1757. Lismore Papers, Ms. 13,248 ; National Library of Ireland
  • Pedigree of [O] Connor family of County Cork (Leader Collection); Irish Genealogical Research Society Library

Contemporary printed sources

Modern printed sources