Burke indicates that the Conners first settled in the town of Bandon in the late seventeenth century and married into the Splaine family. MacLysaght, in his preface to the 1944 report on the Connor papers, recorded the belief that this family were descended from the O'Conner Kerry. Daniel Connor of Manch, Ballineen, owned over 4000 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. In 1851, he was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Fanlobbus and Kilmichael, barony of East Carbery. In July 1852, over 4200 acres of his property was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. According to Burke the family are associated with the Ballineen area since the late seventeenth century and occupied a house named Connorville in the eighteenth century. In the 1870s Daniel Conner of Manch House owned 4,194 acres in county Cork.