Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Norwood

William Norwood, of Dunmanway, was the owner of over 500 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. He was also the lessor of a flour mill in the Bandon area. Guy's Postal Directory of Cork describes him as a land agent. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, he was among the principal lessors in the parish of Fanlobbus, barony of East Carbery. The sale notice of August 1850 for Levinge property at Tullyland, barny of East Carbery, indicates that it had been leased by an earlier William Norwood in 1720.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Roseville Farranasheshery Desertserges Bandon Boulteen 14 East Carbery (East) Cork OSI Ref: W377536
OS Sheet: 109
Discovery map: 86
Palace Anne Mills Murragh Murragh Bandon Teadies 17 East Carbery (West) Cork OSI Ref: W389546
OS Sheet: 109
Discovery map: 86
Ballyhalwick House Ballyhalwick Fanlobus Dunmanway Dunmanway 124 East Carbery (West) Cork OSI Ref: W245530
OS Sheet: 108
Discovery map: 86
River View (Dunmanway) Ballyhalwick Fanlobbus Dunmanway Dunmanway 124 East Carbery (West) Cork OSI Ref: W242529
OS Sheet: 108
Discovery map: 86