Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Norwood


Estate(s)

Name Description
Norwood William Norwood, of Dunmanway, was the owner of over 500 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. He was also the lessor of a flour mill in the Bandon area. Guy's Postal Directory of Cork describes him as a land agent. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, he was among the principal lessors in the parish of Fanlobbus, barony of East Carbery. The sale notice of August 1850 for Levinge property at Tullyland, barny of East Carbery, indicates that it had been leased by an earlier William Norwood in 1720.