Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Armstrong (Oghil)

The Armstrong family are recorded as holding a modest estate in the parish of Kilglass in 18th century. There is a large burial plot in Kilglass graveyard inscribed "Armstrong 1661-1906" from which we can infer that the family were resident in the area since the mid-17th century. In 1906 Robert W. Armstrong is recorded as the occupier of property at Oghil, including a mansion house. The Armstrong estate was divided by the Congested Districts Board following its purchase in 1916.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Oghil Oghil Kilglass Dromore West Rathmacurkey 22 Tireragh Sligo OSI Ref: G358321
OS Sheet: 17
Discovery map: 24