At the time of Griffith's Valuation Henry Joynt held seven townlands in the parish of Templemore, barony of Gallen, county Mayo, previously part of the estate of John Knox of Castlerea, barony of Tirawley. Lane contends that Joynt was a land agent. In 1873 Henry Joynt was among the purchasers of townlands in the parish of Killasser at the sale of the Evans estate. In 1876 Henry Joynt of Ballina, county Mayo owned over 4000 acres in county Mayo. Members of the Joynt sold their estate to the Congested Districts' Board between 1914 and 1916.
No houses were found for this estate
- Copy of grant of arms to Dr Christopher Joynt, Assistant Surgeon Indian Army, grandson of Henry Joynt of Kinnaird House, Co Mayo, 31 Mar 1863. GO MS 109, 7-8; National Library of Ireland
- Copy of grant of arms to Surgeon General Francis George Joynt MD, son of Anthony Joynt of Ballyna and grandson of Frank Joynt of Ballinglen, co Mayo, 30 June 1882. GO MS 110, 33-34; National Library of Ireland
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 241
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 309
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 53
Modern printed sources
- ''Jnl. of the Galway Archaeological and Historical Society'': LANE, Padraig G. Purchasers of land in counties Galway and Mayo in the Encumbered Estates court, 1849-1858. XLIII (1991), p. 101.
- Ní CHIARÁIN, Áine (ed). ''Callow church, 1812-2012, the church and its community''. Callow, county Mayo: Callow Church Bicentenary Committee, 2012. : Boran, Marie. Callow in the first half of the nineteenth century: economic and social life. pp. 13-21.