Raymond P. Worthington of Fleet Street, Dublin and 5 Rostrevor Terrace, Rathgar, Dublin, owned over 2,500 acres in county Roscommon and 500 acres in county Sligo in the 1870s. In 1906 he held untenanted lands in the county Roscommon parishes of Cam and Kiltoom, barony of Athlone, Tibohine, barony of Frenchpark and Kiltullagh and Kilkeevin, barony of Castlereagh. In October 1912 J.C. Worthington's county Roscommon estate of 3,366 acres was vested in the Congested Districts' Board while in 1914 he accepted an offer from the Congested Districts Board on the Sligo estate.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 58 & 60
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 324
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of Untenanted Lands in Rural Districts, Distinguishing Demesnes on Which There is a Mansion...'', HC 1906, c, 177: 378, 380, 382 & 383
Modern printed sources
- ''Corran Herald'': DUFFY, P.J. The Congested Districts Board [including list of lands acquired in county Sligo under the Wyndham Act]. XXXIV (2001-2002), 6-7