In the 1850s the Reverend James McIvor held 3 townlands in the parish of Taghboy, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, previously part of the estate of the Donnellans of Cloghan. Reverend James McIvor was rector of the parish of Ardstaw, county Tyrone, from 1847 to 1886. In the 1870s he is recorded as owning 1,007 acres in county Roscommon and 86 acres in county Louth. By March 1916 he had received an offer from the Congested Districts' Board for the purchase of his Roscommon estate.
No houses were found for this estate
Contemporary printed sources
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 295
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 317
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''24th Annual Report of the Congested Districts' Board for Ireland'', [Cd 8356], HC 1916, vi, 564-586. Appendix VIII: 58