Landed Estates
NUI Galway

McIvor


Estate(s)

Name Description
Donnellan (Cloghan) The Donnellan estate was in the parish of Taghboy, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon. In the 1830s the estate belonged to McGann Donnellan. By the early 1850s the estate was in the possession of the Reverend Edmond Riley and John Owen who advertised their estate of 1,107 acres for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. The petitioner was Catherine Edwards Donnellan. By the time of Griffith's Valuation the McGann Donnellan estate was in the possession of the Reverend James McIvor and Percy Magan.
McIvor In the 1850s the Reverend James McIvor held 3 townlands in the parish of Taghboy, barony of Athlone, county Roscommon, previously part of the estate of the Donnellans of Cloghan. Reverend James McIvor was rector of the parish of Ardstaw, county Tyrone, from 1847 to 1886. In the 1870s he is recorded as owning 1,007 acres in county Roscommon and 86 acres in county Louth. By March 1916 he had received an offer from the Congested Districts' Board for the purchase of his Roscommon estate.