Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Maxwell (St. Cleran's)

Mrs. Anne Maxwell (nee Burke), whose address is given as St. Cleran's, Craughwell, is recorded as the owner of over 4000 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. In 1906 she was in possession of over 600 acres of untenanted land at St.Cleran's together with the mansion house valued at £46. She was the sister of John Hardiman Burke, the owner of this estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation. She had married firstly Major Francis de Vere, of Curragh Chase, county Limerick, who died in 1865. In 1873, she married Reverend Charleton Maxwell.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
St. Cleran's or Issercleran Saintclerans Lickerrig Loughrea Kilconierin 122 Dunkellin Galway OSI Ref: M555199
OS Sheet: 97
Discovery map: 52