Reverend Nicholas Devereux was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Killimordaly, barony of Kilconnell, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He was the son of Anastasia Daly and John Devereux of Ballyrankin, county Wexford. Burkes Landed Gentry states that he sold the property at Killimor to Lord Dunsandle in 1860.
- Killimer Castle. Photographs. 034/091.; Irish Architectural Archive
- Lease from Rev Nicholas Devereux to Patrick Mitchell, Athenry of the town and lands of Bracklown, Co.Galway, 18 April 1856. Ms 589; Representative Church Body Library
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Loughrea Union, 63.
Modern printed sources
- KAVANAGH, Art & MURPHY, Rory. ''Wexford Gentry''. Vols. 1 & 2. Bunclody: Irish Family Names, 1994. : Vol.II. Devereux, 53-55.
- BURKE, Sir Bernard. ''A genealogical and heraldic history of the Landed Gentry of Ireland''. London: Harrison & Sons, 1912: 180.
- MELVIN, Patrick. ''Estates and landed society in Galway''. (Dublin: Éamonn de Búrca, 2012). : p.5