Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Kelly (Athenry)

The Ordnance Survey Field Name Books record Mr. Evans as the proprietor of the townland of Farranablake in the 1830s while Farranablake West was the property of Mark Brown. William Kelly was the occupier of Rockmore house in the townland of Farranablake west, in the parish of Athenry at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Mary Agnes Kelly, of Rockmore, Athenry, is recorded as the owner of over 350 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. She is also listed as the owner in a Landed Estates court sale notice relating to lands in the baronies of Clare, Loughrea and Dunkellin, including part of the lands of Rockfield, in January 1872. Gustavus W. Blake Kelly nephew of William Kelly bought Dundermot House, county Roscommon, in the mid 1890s. In 1906 Raymond Kelly was the owner of over 90 acres of untenanted land at Farranblake and Furzepark. This branch of the Kelly family was closely related to the Ashfield branch.

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Rockmore or Blakeland Lodge Farranablake West Athenry Loughrea Athenry 108 Athenry Galway OSI Ref: M496259
OS Sheet: 96
Discovery map: 46
Dundermot Dundermot Drumatemple Castlerea Ballintober 60 Ballymoe Roscommon OSI Ref: M701 719
OS Sheet: 34
Discovery map: 39