Writing in 1786 Wilson refers to this house as Fairfield, the seat of Mr. Hamilton. Ambrose O'Kelly was the owner of a house valued at £20 in Gortrea or Fairfield, parish of Kilmalinoge, barony of Longford, county Galway in 1856. Slater refers to "Gurtray" as the seat of John Appleyard O'Kelly in 1894. In 1906 this house was the property of John A. O'Kelly. According to family tradition the house lost its roof on the Night of the Big Wind in 1839. It is still extant and occupied and in 2007 was offered for sale.