Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Earlstown

Estate(s)
Townland Cappasallagh
Civil Parish Kilmalinogue
PLU Portumna
DED Kilmalinoge 181
County Galway
Barony Longford
Description In 1786 Wilson refers to "Capasell" s the seat of Mr. Devenish [?]. The house at this location is labelled Earlstown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map. In 1846 Slater refers to Robert Grace resident at Earlston. Robert Eyre was leasing a property in the townland of Cappasallagh, parish of Kilmalinogue, barony of Longford, valued at £11 from the Clanricarde estate in 1856. There are still occupied buildings at this site, the focus of a large farming enterprise.
Earlstown

Property Location