Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Temple House

Estate(s)
Townland Temple House Demesne
Civil Parish Kilvarnet
PLU Tobercurry
DED Temple 77
County Sligo
Barony Corran
Description The Temple House estate extended into the Civil parishes of Cloonoghill and Emlaghfad as well as in the parish of Kilvarnet where the house is located. In 1786 Wilson refer to Temple-house as the seat of Mr. Perceval. The present house was built c.1820 but was subsequently modified. In 1894 the house was noted by Slater as the seat of Mrs. Perceval. Remains of earlier Perceval houses are to be seen in the demesne.
Temple House

Property Location