Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Raford

Estate(s)
Townland Raford
Civil Parish Kiltullagh
PLU Loughrea
DED Raford 128
County Galway
Barony Athenry
Description The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage suggests that Raford House was built c.1760. Wilson refers to it as the seat of Captain Daly in 1786. It was being leased by Denis Bodkin from Harriett Daly at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £40. John Archer Daly was the owner of Raford House in 1906 when it was also valued at £40. Raford is still extant and occupied. Modern development has taken place on part of the demesne lands.
Raford House from An Approach to an Architectural Archive of the Irish Country House (http://members.fortunecity.com/chtii/irish/house1.htm)

Property Location