Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Newford

Estate(s)
Townland Newford
Civil Parish Athenry
PLU Loughrea
DED Athenry 108
County Galway
Barony Athenry
Description In 1786, Wilson mentions Newford as the seat of Edward Browne. In 1814 Thomas Tighe is recorded as residing at Newford. Patrick Fitzpatrick of Newford House, Athenry is listed as a subscriber to ''Lewis' Topographical Dictionary'' (1837). The house was later part of the Whaley and Perry estates in the 1850s and was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates court in 1852. Portion of Newford later bacame incorporated into Mellows Agricultural College farm. The house is no longer extant.

Property Location