||In 1837 Lewis recorded Cottage as the seat of J. Ryan. Catherine Ryan was leasing the house from Randall Athy at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £17. The house at Cottage was part of the Athy estate which was sold in the Encumbered Estates court in July 1857. The new owners, John Edmond Crofton Kelly and Edmond Walker Kelly offered it for sale again in June 1866. At this time the house at Cottage was leased to the representatives of Thomas Redington for 21 years from 1856. By 1906 it was owned by Charles V. Pratt together with 150 acres of untenanted land. The ruins of the house and other buildings are visible at the site.