||At the time of the first Ordnance Survey the property at Headford was described as belonging to "S. White, non resident, property going into decay". In the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries it was a seat of the Jones family. Wilson, perhaps incorrectly, refers to it as the seat of Mr. Johnston, in 1786. The house was immortalised by Anthony Trollope in his novel ''The McDermotts of Ballycloran''. The ITA survey of the 1940s recorded it as in ruins and it remains as an ivy-covered ruin today. It was pointed out for this survey as "the ruins of that auld Ballycloran Castle"!