||In 1894 Slater refers to Ballinard Castle as the residence of William Tennant. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, John Lindsay owned land in the townland of Friarsgrange, parish of Coolmundry, in which Ballinard Castle is situated. It appears that, in the nineteenth century, a house was built adjoining the original tower house as, in 1840, the Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to Ballinard Castle, a gentleman's seat in the townland of Friarsgrange. Information in the Woodstock Museum, Ontario, Canada, indicates that the building was owned by the Lindsay family until 1926. The building is still extant.