Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Aughry House

Estate(s)
Townland Aughry
Civil Parish Annaduff
PLU Mohill
DED Drumod 71
County Leitrim
Barony Mohill
Description Aughry House built after the publication of the First Edition Ordnance Survey map. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was owned and occupied by Charles T. Ward and was valued at £13. Aughry Castle (in ruins) is visible nearby on the 1st edition map. This may be the property referred to in 1786 by Wilson as the seat of Mr. Nesbit. Elaborate modern entrance gates identify Aughry House which appears to be close to the site of the original.

Property Location