||In 1786 Wilson mentions a house called Cloverfield three miles beyond Caherconlish as the seat of Mr. Lloyd. A house named Cloverville is marked on the first edition Ordnance Survey map. On later maps a much larger building is marked. At the time of Griffith's Valuation valued at £9.5 shillings was vacant in this townland. Richard Laffan, a dairy farmer, is recorded as the immediate lessor. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage dates the original building from circa 1830 with later 19th century additions. The house continues to be used as a residence.